I must come clean immediately and point out that I have not read all of the Booker Longlist. I managed six, which is exactly half of the longlist. I have two (Narcopolis and The Garden of Evening Mists) left over which I will read and review soonish. So my predictions are based on my own reading and that of people whose opinions I set some store by. They should be read as much as a list of what I would like to see shortlisted as of what I think will be. It undoubtedly suffers from my not having read everything. (The full Longlist is here).
- The Yips by Nicola Barker (Fourth Estate)
- Philida by André Brink (Harvill Secker)
- Swimming Home by Deborah Levy (And Other Stories)
- Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel (Fourth Estate)
- The Lighthouse by Alison Moore (Salt)
- Umbrella by Will Self (Bloomsbury)